I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a Masters Degree in Social Work from George Williams School of Social Work at Aurora University, Aurora, IL. With over 20 years of experiences as an LCSW in the state of Illinois, I have a diverse background in the mental health field.
For the first 16 years of my career I worked in several school districts as a school social worker working with children age 3-20. In this setting I focused on learning and emotional disabilities, social skills deficits, behavioral difficulties, parenting concerns, ADHD, ASD, and other school related issues.
While working as a school social worker I also worked part time as a Registry Social Worker for Provena St Joseph Hospital, in Elgin for 6 years. In this setting I performed psychological evaluations in the ER and inpatient treatment.
I spent 1 year in California serving as Director of Student Services at a group home for adjudicated adolescents.
I began my Private Practice career in 2014 and have been at Selah Healthcare Professionals since November 2017.
In my personal life it has been an honor and a privilege to serve as a leader and facilitator in the following ministries: Divorce Recovery, Solutions (a personal growth/healing ministry), Spiritual Formations groups and Listen To My Life.
I work with a wide range of emotional, behavioral and relational issues providing therapeutic services for Children (age 5 and up), Adults and Seniors.
• EMDR Training Phase I and Phase II, 2016/17
• Spiritual Formation Certification, The Transforming Center & Northern Seminary, 2015
• Masters Level Certificate in Educational Leadership, Aurora University, 2010
• Type 73 Certificate (School Social Work) in Illinois since 1993
• Masters in Social Work, George Williams School of Social Work at Aurora University, 1993
• Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Marketing, Kansas State University, 1983
National Association of Social Workers
EMDRIA Chicago Regional Network