I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a Masters Degree in Social Work from George Williams School of Social Work at Aurora University, Aurora, IL. With nearly 30 years of experience as an LCSW in the stated of Illinois, I have a diverse background in the mental health field.
For the first 16 years of my career I worked in several school districts as a school social worker working with children ages 3-20. In this setting I focused on learning and emotional disabilities, social skills deficits, behavioral difficulties, parenting concerns, ADHD, ASD and other school related issues.
While working as a school social worker I also worked part time as a Registry Social Worker for Provena St Joseph Hospital in Elgin for 6 years. In this setting I performed psychological evaluations in the ER and inpatient treatment.
I spent 1 year in California serving as Director of Student Services at a group home for adjudicated adolescents.
I began my Private Practice career in 2015 and have been at Selah Healthcare Professionals since November 2017.
In my personal life it has been an honor and a privilege to serve as a leader and facilitator in the following ministries: Divorce Recovery, Solutions (a personal growth/healing ministry), Spiritual Formation groups and Listen To My Life.
I work with a wide range of emotional and relational issues, women's issues, anxiety, depression and trauma. I provide therapeutic services for Adolescents, Adults and Seniors
- EMDR Training Phase I and Phase II - EMDRIA ,2016/17 and Phase I and II refresher - EMDR Consulting, 2018/19
- Spiritual Formation Certification - The Transformation Center and Northern Seminary, 2015
- Masters Level Certificate in Educational Leadership - Aurora University, 2010
- Type 73 Certificate (School Social Work) in Illinois, 1993
- LCSW in Illinois, 1997
- Masters in Social Work - George Williams School of Social Work at Aurora University, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Marketing - Kansas State University, 1983
National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
EMDRIA Chicago Regional Network